Equifax had the largest data breach this year, possibly ever! How could I possibly pass up this opportunity to discuss what happened? How did it happen and what lessons could we learn from it? Equifax did a lot of things wrong for sure, but that doesn’t mean that we should throw stones. Especially given how many of us live in glass houses.
Have a listen as I explore the Equifax breach from another perspective, in the hopes of salvaging something of use for others in the infosec community.
Some links of interest:
- Equifax Bitcoin Ransom
- Krebs On Security – Equifax Breach Response Turns Dumpster Fire
- Apache Foundation Responds to Struts Vulnerability Confirmation
- CVE-2017-5638 Details
- OWASP Maven Dependency Checker
- Wappalyzer Browser Plug-In
- Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Show Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Slack Sign-Up Link: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
- John’s Peerlyst Profile: https://www.peerlyst.com/users/john-svazic
Thanks for listening, and I will talk with you again next time!