Certifications. We either love them or hate them, but we cannot deny that they are needed. Either to prove a set of skills, prove the ability to memorize facts and take tests, or to prove that our egos are bigger than our peers, there are lots of opinions on certifications.
This week Kim Crawley joins me to talk about a recent article she has written for Cylance, Security Certifications You Should Consider Getting. We discuss what certifications are good for, our opinions on them, HR managers, and where you can find resources to help you study.
Some links of interest:
- Security Certifications You Should Consider Getting: https://www.cylance.com/en_us/blog/security-certifications-you-should-consider-getting.html
- Kim’s Twitter: @kim_crawley
- Cybrary: https://www.cybrary.it/
- O’Reilly Safari Books Online: https://www.safaribooksonline.com/
- Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Show Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
- John’s Peerlyst Profile: https://www.peerlyst.com/users/john-svazic
Thanks for listening, and I will talk with you all again next time.