As security professionals, we often try to keep our skills sharp. We normally do this by going to training, reading books, or participating in CTFs. There are Webgoat and Juice Shop from OWASP; sites like HackTheBox, OverTheWire, and SmashTheStack which are often mentioned when people are looking for websites to practice on.
This week I speak with Dr. Z. Cliffe Schreuders about the Security Scenario Generator, a rather ambitious project that may scratch that vulnerable VM itch you’ve had for a while.
Some links of interest:
- Security Scenario Generator: https://github.com/cliffe/SecGen
- Dr. Z. Cliffe Schreuders’ Website: http://z.cliffe.schreuders.org/
- Dr. Z. Cliffe Schreuders’ YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAYF5jJkUBcmn1cor50yDOg
- Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Show Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
- John’s Peerlyst Profile: https://www.peerlyst.com/users/john-svazic
Thanks for listening, and I will talk with you again next time!