The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) group has created a Top 10 web applications vulnerability list since 2003. Normally the list gets updated every 3 years or so, with the previous release being 2013. Now with the 2017 list being finalized, I felt it was appropriate for us to go through it and look at it from a red and blue team perspective.
This episode will cover the first 5 items on the list, from A1 (Injection) through to A5 (Broken Access Control).
Some links of interest:
- OWASP Top 10 – https://www.owasp.org/images/7/72/OWASP_Top_10-2017_%28en%29.pdf.pdf
- SQLMap – http://sqlmap.org/
- Burp Suite – https://portswigger.net/burp
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) – https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Zed_Attack_Proxy_Project
Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Show’s Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
- John’s Peerlyst Profile: https://www.peerlyst.com/users/john-svazic
Thanks for listening, and I will talk with you all again next time.