In this episode John goes at it alone and discusses his own experiences with starting up a security program at different organizations by focusing in on what he views are the 3 key pillars for a new security program.
Some links of interest:
- CIS Critical Security Controls – https://www.cisecurity.org/controls/
- Malware Archeology – Logging Cheat Sheets – https://www.malwarearchaeology.com/cheat-sheets/
- Linux Security Incident Log Review Checklist – https://zeltser.com/security-incident-log-review-checklist/
- SANS Log Management In-Depth – https://www.sans.org/brochure/course/log-management-in-depth/6
- OWASP Logging Cheat Sheet – https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Logging_Cheat_Sheet
- Defensive Security Handbook – http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920051671.do
Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Show’s Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.