Capture The Flag games, or CTFs, are a popular way for infosec pros to brush up on the offensive skills. From VulnHub to HackTheBox, there are a few different ways to quote “get your hack on”! Derek Rook (@_r00k_) joins me today to talk about CTFs and how they can assist in your Infosec journey, regardless of your role.
Some links of interest:
- Derek’s YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMACXuWd2w6_IEGog744UaA
- Derek’s Twitch Stream – https://www.twitch.tv/r00k_infosec
- ippsec’s YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
- LiveOverflow YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClcE-kVhqyiHCcjYwcpfj9w
- Mub1x’s Twitch Stream – https://www.twitch.tv/mub1x
- CCDC (US) – http://www.nationalccdc.org/
- CCDC (Canada) – https://www.cyberdefencechallenge.ca/
- SANS Holiday Hack Challenge – https://holidayhackchallenge.com/past-challenges/
- Open2All CTF team – https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenToAllCTFteam/
CTF Time – https://ctftime.org/
- Derek’s Twitter – https://twitter.com/_r00k_
Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Purple Squad Security’s Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.