Once again I am pleased to share a #ginfosec episode with the woman who helps guide others through the mountains of infosec, Tracy InfoSecSherpa Maleeff! In this extended episode Tracy and I speak about conferences from the attendee point of view; what to expect, what to bring, how to go, and what you should aim to get from the con. Enjoy!
Some links of interest:
- Tracy’s Twitter: @InfoSecSherpa
- Sign up for Tracy’s Nuzzle Newsletter: https://nuzzel.com/InfoSecSherpa
- Study on different note taking techniques: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-learning-secret-don-t-take-notes-with-a-laptop/
- Tracy’s Unusual Journey into Infosec: https://www.secjuice.com/infosecsherpa-unusual-journeys/
- Tracy’s Talk at BSides NoVa – Networking with Humans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfyXTZCVC0
We have a new store! Come check out the various Purple Squad Security goods you can buy to share your following and help the show. From stickers to mugs, we have a few items up for sale:
Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Purple Squad Security’s Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- John’s Mastodon: https://infosec.exchange/@JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/purplesquadsec
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.