Often times in information security, we look upon penetration testing and red teaming with awe and view those professions as the “sexy” side of security. Truth be told, the defensive side has a lot of exciting opportunities as well! Kyle Andrus joins me this week to talk about malware analysis, which I think is definitely one of the sexier sides of defense.
Some links of interest:
- Practical Malware Analysis Book – https://nostarch.com/malware
- Cuckoo Sandbox – https://cuckoosandbox.org/
- CyberChef – https://gchq.github.io/CyberChef/
- Leny Zeltser’s Blog – https://zeltser.com/blog/
- Journey Into Incident Response – http://journeyintoir.blogspot.com/
- Malware Unicorn’s Reverse Engineering Workshop – https://malwareunicorn.org/#/workshops
- MiSec – https://www.misec.us/
- Kyle’s Twitter Account: @chaoticflaws
Want to hear about a new Infosec con? If you’re in and around the Waterloo region area in October, why not check out Cyber City! This is Waterloo region’s premier information security conference. Tickets are on sale now and the CFP is open until July 31st, 2019. Don’t wait, and come participate today!
- Cyber City Conference: https://www.cybercityconf.io/
- Cyber City Conference CFP: https://www.papercall.io/cybercityconf
We have a new store! Come check out the various Purple Squad Security goods you can buy to share your following and help the show. From stickers to mugs, we have a few items up for sale:
Want to reach out to the show? There’s a few ways to get in touch!
- Purple Squad Security’s Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John’s Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- John’s Mastodon: https://infosec.exchange/@JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/purplesquadsec
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.