Episode 48 – All About Magecart with Yonathan Klijnsma
Yonathan Klijnsma joins me from RiskIQ to discuss Magecart, what it is, what it does, and how they found it.
Magecart - a web-based credit card skimming kit used by various groups to grab ahold of online shoppers credit cards. Interesting? You bet! On this episode of the Purple Squad Security podcast I have Yonathan Klijnsma, Head Researcher at RiskIQ, joining me to discuss their research on Magecart.
Some links of interest:
- Inside Magecart Report - https://cdn.riskiq.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/RiskIQ-Flashpoint-Inside-MageCart-Report.pdf
- Ticketmaster breach - https://www.riskiq.com/blog/labs/magecart-ticketmaster-breach/
- British Airways breach - https://www.riskiq.com/blog/labs/magecart-british-airways-breach/
- Newegg breach - https://www.riskiq.com/blog/labs/magecart-newegg/
- Vision Direct with admin skimming - https://www.riskiq.com/blog/labs/magecart-vision-direct/
- Other Magecart Articles - https://www.riskiq.com/blog/category/magecart/
- RiskIQ Website - https://www.riskiq.com/
- Krebs on Security Skimming Article - https://krebsonsecurity.com/all-about-skimmers/
Want to reach out to the show? There's a few ways to get in touch!
- Purple Squad Security's Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John's Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- John's Mastodon: https://infosec.exchange/@JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/purplesquadsec
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.
Support Purple Squad Security by donating to the tip jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/purple-squad-security
Find out more at http://purplesquadsec.com