Episode 39 – John’s OSCP Journey
John goes through his OSCP journey, sharing his preparation, thoughts on the labs and the exam experience.
Over the past few months, John has been working on obtaining his OSCP certification. Recently he attempted and successfully passed the exam! In this episode he goes over his journey, what he learned as well as a few tips to help those attempting this rather difficult certification.
Some links of interest:
- Penetration Testing - A Hands On Introduction to Hacking - https://www.amazon.com/Penetration-Testing-Hands-Introduction-Hacking/dp/1593275641
- Web Application Hacker's Handbook 2nd Edition - https://www.amazon.com/Web-Application-Hackers-Handbook-Exploiting/dp/1118026470
- OSCP Prep:
- https://github.com/burntmybagel/OSCP-Prep http://niiconsulting.com/checkmate/2017/06/a-detail-guide-on-oscp-preparation-from-newbie-to-oscp/
- VulnHub - https://www.vulnhub.com/
- HackTheBox - https://www.hackthebox.eu/
- Infosec Mastodon - https://infosec.exchange/auth/sign_up
Want to reach out to the show? There's a few ways to get in touch!
- Purple Squad Security's Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John's Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- John's Mastodon: https://infosec.exchange/@JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/purplesquadsec
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.
Support Purple Squad Security by donating to the tip jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/purple-squad-security
Find out more at http://purplesquadsec.com