Episode 42 – CyberZoology with Patrick Kelley
Patrick Kelley comes on to talk about CyberZoology, trains, and Raspberry Pi!
Defending is hard. The adage of "an attacker only has to be right once" is a bit played out, but it does have a hint of truth in that trying to defend everything is a monumental task. Defenders are often short on budgets, short on time, and short on patience for silly sayings like these.
This week I'm happy to have Patrick Kelley on to talk about some very interesting work he has done on coming up with defensive techniques for freight trains using a Raspberry Pi! If you want to hear about unique ways to defend unique environments, you will not want to miss this episode.
Some links of interest:
- Bro: https://www.bro.org/
- Suricata: https://suricata-ids.org/
- Critical Path Security GitHub: https://github.com/CriticalPathSecurity
- Patrick's Twitter: @pkelley2600
- Patrick's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pmkelley/
- Infosec Mastodon - https://infosec.exchange/auth/sign_up
Want to reach out to the show? There's a few ways to get in touch!
- Purple Squad Security's Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John's Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- John's Mastodon: https://infosec.exchange/@JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/purplesquadsec
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.
Find out more at http://purplesquadsec.com