Episode 38 – Discussing the Cyber Kill Chain with Amanda Berlin
Amanda Berlin (@Infosystir) stops by to chat about the Cyber Kill Chain.
The cyber kill chain. For some, it's a nice framework to help build your defenses and help during an incident. For others, it is an over hyped and rigid list that no real attacker follows anymore. However you view the cyber kill chain, it is a strong pillar within Infosec, especially when it comes to defending your network. Amanda Berlin joins me today to talk about the cyber kill chain, what it is and how to disrupt attacks using it! Some links of interest:
- Amanda's Disrupting The Kill Chain Training - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-giMT7sGCVKIWHVZ-N4A_eJhu6BzH4WM
- Amanda's Cyber Kill Chain Implementation Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J0swcA1Phb4mh-Pj8eR9ZEAIm5GEtz0UklP9YhVUbEY/edit#gid=0
- Official Cyber Kill Chain Site - https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/capabilities/cyber/cyber-kill-chain.html
- SANS Suspicious Domains Lists - https://isc.sans.edu/suspicious_domains.html
- HaveIBeenPwned.com - https://haveibeenpwned.com
- Brakeing Down Security Podcast - https://www.brakeingsecurity.com/
- Amanda's Twitter - https://twitter.com/InfoSystir
Want to reach out to the show? There's a few ways to get in touch!
- Purple Squad Security's Twitter: @PurpleSquadSec
- John's Twitter: @JohnsNotHere
- Podcast Website: purplesquadsec.com
- Sign-Up for our Slack community: https://signup.purplesquadsec.com
Thanks for listening, and as always, I will talk with you all again next time.
Support Purple Squad Security by donating to the tip jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/purple-squad-security
Find out more at http://purplesquadsec.com